By Gabby of The Veggie Nook
Makes 1 smoothie.
- 1/2 a fresh, ripe banana
- 3/4 cup frozen blueberries (I used wild blueberries)
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 7 walnuts (soak them beforehand if your blender isn’t too powerful. My Magic Bullet didn’t need them soaked)
- 1 huge handful baby spinach
Optional additions (but highly recommended):
- 1/2 scoop favourite protein powder (I used the Sunwarrior Warrior Blend in Natural flavour)
- 1/2 tsp maca powder
- 1/4 tsp spirulina or more
- salt and black pepper and Italian seasoning to taste
Put all ingredients into your blender and blend away! I do this in stages in the Magic Bullet. It’s a little small to get everything in there at once but once you blend all the fruit and water up, there’s room for the spinach and powders! I served mine with some sprouted and dehydrated buckwheat groats, fresh strawberries and a sprinkle of cinnamon which was an awesome addition.