Ready to do the challenge? Here’s how you get started:
- Make a commitment to yourself to not eat meat, poultry, seafood, dairy or eggs for 1 week. Choose the days you want to do it (you can start tomorrow if you like!). Then add your name to the list of challengers.
- Tell your friends, family and colleagues that you’re doing the 7-Day Vegan Challenge — and ask them to join you! We suggest you make an announcement on the social media of your choice (Facebook, Twitter, Google+, etc.). Use #7dayvegan.
- Pick a meal plan in the Guide, or pick a recipe or two to start with. Buy groceries needed for the recipes.
- Sign up for the email reminders if you like.
- Start eating with your delicious new challenge diet!
- Read the Guide when you get a chance. Understanding the Why and the How really helps.
- Share your success! When you’re done, tell people how you did with the challenge. Tell people how you did on social media, or, you know, face to face.
- You don’t have to refrain from other animal products for now – like honey, leather, fur, sugar refined with bone char, etc. Just meat (incl. poultry, seafood), eggs & dairy. Eliminating these other animal products gradually after the challenge is a good idea.
- You can continue the challenge if you like after the 7 days — keep going, or do another 7 days when you feel ready.
- Getting others to join you makes it more fun, and spreads the good that you’re doing.